- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Parchment paper (not to eat, hopefully)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit out for 12-24 hours. Dough will be very level and bubbly when ready.
- Preheat oven to 450˚ with enameled cast iron pot inside oven (or other pot you can cover that can handle the heat).
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface. The dough will be very sticky. With well floured hand, fold the dough a few times over onto itself, and then shape it into a ball. Preferably have the seam side of the dough facing down.
- Dust the parchment paper and lay the dough on top. Let the dough rest for an additional 30 minutes.
- About 20 minutes after you have shaped the dough, using a sharp knife, make cuts about 3/4″ deep into the top of the bread. Then let rest the final 10 minutes. Because the dough is so sticky it won't cut 'pretty' don't worry about it.
- Lift the parchment paper with the dough on it and carefully lay it into the preheated pot. There is no need to grease the pan. It will not stick.
- Cover pot and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.